1. A furnace or hearth where metals are heated or wrought; a smithy.
2. A workshop where pig iron is transformed into wrought iron.
1a. To form (metal, for example) by heating in a forge and beating or hammering into shape.
1b. To form (metal) by a mechanical or hydraulic press.
2. To give form or shape to, especially by means of careful effort.
3. To fashion or reproduce for fraudulent purposes; counterfeit.
1. Plural of life.
1. To be alive; exist.
2. To continue to be alive.
3. To support oneself; subsist.
4. To reside; dwell.
5. To conduct one's life in a particular manner.
6. To pursue a positive, satisfying existence; enjoy life.
7. To remain in human memory.